Setting up Plume is easy, just follow the prompts. The exact steps provided here are if the Account, pods and Wi-Fi network have already been setup by the ISP.
Account and network already provisioned
- Download and launch the Plume app.
- Log into the Plume app using the email and password used for your account. This information will likely be included in your kit. You can use password reset feature if you do not have the password.
- Because everything was setup ahead of time, once logged into the app you will go immediately to the screen that shows that the pods are waiting to connect the network.
- Follow the prompts and use the Ethernet cable to plug a SuperPod into your modem/router/ONT.
- Plug the pod into power.
- The LED should turn solid briefly and then start slowly pulsing as it is trying to connect to the Plume cloud. If there is no LED, check for power at the outlet. If you see rapid flashing, there may be something wrong with the pod and it should be returned.
- If you are using a modem, you should unplug the power from the modem for at least 30 seconds and then plug it back in. This ensure that an IP is properly assigned to the SuperPod.
- Once the pod has connected to the cloud the app will show a green check mark for the pod and the LED will stop pulsing and turn off.
- Connect the rest of the pods throughout the home and watch their LEDs and the app to see if they connect. Connected pods will have a green check mark, while the pods in silhouette have not yet been connected to the cloud. Once all pods have connected, tap on done adding pods in the app.
- Choose if you want to enable notifications.
- Follow the prompt to join the new network. (optional) Tapping join will connect your mobile to your new Plume network.
- You be prompted to locate and name the pods. (Optional) Bring your phone close to each pod and when prompted choose a name.
- You may be prompted that a firmware update is required. This may take a few minutes.
- You will be prompted that an optimization will be taking place. Depending on how many pods you have, this may take two to three minutes.
- Your new network is now setup. Turn off your old Wi-Fi and if the same SSID and password were used for the new network, your devices will connect to to the new Plume network.