Setting up Plume is easy, just follow the prompts. The exact steps provided here are if the Account, pods and Wi-Fi network (SSID) ave already been set up by the ISP.
Click here for instructions for self-installation with nothing set up ahead of time.
Account and network already provisioned
- Download and launch the HomePass app.
- Log into the app using the email and password used for your account. This information will likely be included in your kit. You can use the password reset feature if you do not have the password.
- Because everything was set up ahead of time, once logged into the app you will go immediately to the screen that shows that the pods are waiting to connect the network.
- Follow the prompts and use the Ethernet cable to plug a SuperPod into your modem/router/ONT.
- Plug the pod into power.
- The LED should turn solid briefly and then start slowly pulsing as it is trying to connect to the Plume cloud. If there is no LED, check for power at the outlet. If you see rapid flashing, there may be something wrong with the pod and it should be returned.
- If you are using a modem, you should unplug the power from the modem for at least 30 seconds and then plug it back in. This ensures that an IP is properly assigned to the SuperPod.
- Once the pod has connected to the cloud the app will show a green checkmark for the pod and the LED will stop pulsing and turn off.
- Connect the rest of the pods throughout the home and watch their LEDs and the app to see if they connect. Connected pods will have a green checkmark, while the pods in silhouette have not yet been connected to the cloud. Once all pods have connected, tap on completed in the app.
- Choose if you want to enable notifications.
- If the pods have outdated firmware they will be updated. This will cause the pods to reboot before continuing the setup.
- Follow the prompt to join the new network. (optional) Tapping join will connect your mobile to your new Plume network.
- You are prompted to locate and name the pods. (Optional) Bring your phone close to each pod and when prompted choose a name.
- You may be prompted that a firmware update is required. This may take a few minutes.
- You will be prompted that optimization will take place. Depending on how many pods you have, this may take two to three minutes.
- Your new network is now set up. Turn off your old Wi-Fi and if the same SSID and password were used for the new network, your devices will connect to the new Plume network.