Setting up Plume is easy, just follow the prompts. The exact steps provided here are if nothing has been setup ahead of time by the ISP (Customer has to create an account, add pods, and setup WiFi).
Click here for installation instructions if the account, pods, and WiFi have already been set up before the customer receives their kit.
- Download the HomePass app.
- Launch the app and choose the Set Up Plume option.
- The app will prompt you to enter your name and email. This will be for your new Plume account.
- Choose your Plume account password, which must be at least 8 characters long.
- An email will be sent to you. Click on the Verify Email link within that email to continue the setup process.
- You'll be presented with the overall steps to get your first pod connected. This will become the Gateway pod of your Plume network. The info buttons will bring up additional details for each step.
- Connect a pod by Ethernet to your modem. If you have an existing router, ONT for Fiber, or other types of network configuration, use the Advanced setup link to get more information on how to connect the pod to the network.
- Plug the pod into power. Restart your modem. The modem should also be left unplugged from power for a minimum of 30 seconds until the next step. If you are using your existing router, modem/router combo or ONT a restart is not necessary.
- Once you have completed the steps to connect your Gateway pod, tap on Next to move on to setting up your SSID.
- The LED will continue to slowly pulse until the pod connects to the Plume cloud. Once connected, the LED will turn off and the app will prompt you to input your new WiFi name (SSID) and Password.
- To simplify setup, you can use your previous Network Name (SSID) and password. This will allow all your client devices to easily switch to the Plume network once the old WiFi has been turned off, without needing to update the credentials on every single WiFi client.
- Alternatively, this could be an opportunity to setup a completely new WiFi network name and/or password. This would help ensure that the new WiFi network starts off as secure as possible.
- If you have more than one pod, start plugging them in now. Stay close to each pod until it is found. As each one connects to the network and cloud, a green check mark will appear and the LED will turn off. Tap on Completed once all pods have been added.
- Be sure to Enable notifications. This will help you be aware of your home network activity.
- The HomePass app will prompt you to join the new WiFi network with your mobile.
- Tapping on Join will take you out of the app and into the WiFi settings so you can join.
- Once back in the app, a Welcome Aboard message indicates that the device is now connected and the new WiFi network is operational.
- Finally, after you have joined the network, you'll be taken to the home screen.
- As an optional step, pods can be named for easier identification later.
- Tapping Snooze, will skip this step.
- To name the pods, bring the device close to each pod that is to be named. Bluetooth is used to identify the closest pod.
- Choose from the list of default names or enter a custom name for each pod.
- Over the next 24 hours, your new Plume network will optimize to create the best performance for your connected devices.
- Turn off the old WiFi. If you used the same SSID and password for your new Plume network, all of your devices should now connect. If you decided to use a new SSID and/or password, forget the old network on your devices and enter the new credentials to connect to Plume.